Great value skis for the aspiring Bode Miller!
At last, a quality pair of junior skis that don’t cost the earth. These great value Tigris junior carving skis are perfect for young beginners to find their way on the slopes.
Don’t spend a fortune renting inferior equipment when you can buy your own for a fraction more!
- Dimensions – 130cm long (see below for size guide)
- Design – Unisex design
- Suitable for – All-mountain alpine skiing for beginners to intermediates
- Included – 1 x pair of 130cm Skis, 1 x pair of Tyrolia SX 4.5 bindings
- Suitable age range – approx. 9-11 years or 130 – 145cm height
1) Measure your child’s weight in kg and height in cm.
2) Use the chart below for an approximation of the suitable ski size. Your child may be lighter or heavier than their respective height.
3) For a child that is lighter than their height on the chart, size the ski to the shorter end of the scale. Longer, heavier skis will be more difficult to control for a lighter skier.
4) For a child that is heavier than their height on the chart, size the ski to the longer end of the scale. A shorter ski will turn to quickly and be difficult to control for a heavier skier.
Choose shorter skis if;
- Experience – They are a cautions skier or beginner
- Lighter – The child’s weight is lighter than average for their height
- Ski type – They want to make short, quick, slalom turns rather than ski faster
Choose longer skis if;
- Experience – They are a more experience, more aggressive skier
- Heavier – The child’s weight is heavier than average for their height
- Ski type – They want to make long, giant slalom turns and ski faster
- Growing room – You want to purchase a ski that has ‘growing room’. We do not recommend sizing skis too large for the child’s height or weight, and it may impede their progression to ski on incorrectly sized skis
Height and weight on the chart provided are based on the 50th percentile for each age range listed.
NOTE: Bindings are not supplied mounted to the skis, but all fixings required are included. Bindings should be mounted to suit the child’s boots at a professional ski store.